Prayer is an invaluable ministry of the local church. We meet on a regular basis as a staff to pray for the needs of the church and community, our Elder board regularly prays for the needs of the congregation, and we also have a Sunday morning prayer group that meets at 8:15am to pray through requests that are known to us.
Hebrews 4:16 reminds us, “Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need” (ESV). Peter exhorts us to, “Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you” (1 Peter 5:6-7, ESV).
Below are 7 Prayers for Swan Lake from Isaiah 6 that we would encourage you to join us in praying through for our staff, elders, congregation, families, community, and the nations! Our desire is that starting as a church, we would have an:
1. Awareness of what God is doing in every arena of our lives (vv.1-2)! Pray for eyes to behold what God is up to.
2. Adoration of God’s glory and a readiness to die to our own (vv.3-4)! Pray for a willingness to lay aside your own preferences and fame for the sake of God’s!
3. Acknowledgment of our own individual sin before God (v.5a,c)! Pray for a humble willingness to call your sin what it really is so it can be dealt with!
4. Accommodation for others in the midst of their sin (v.5b)! Pray for a genuine love and graciousness in helping others with their sin.
5. Assurance in our standing with God through Christ’s atonement (vv.6-7)! Pray for an unwavering confidence in your security before God through Christ!
6. Affection for hearing from God through His Word (v.8a)! Pray for a desire to replace opinions with revelation.
7. Acceptance of the mission given by God, regardless of the cost (vv.8-9a)! Pray for a radical obedience to go wherever God leads!
*This is taken from Pastor James’ sermon, “An Encounter with God” from January 6, 2019, which can be found here.
We would count it a great privilege to pray for you. Please let us know how best to do that below: